Private water sources such as wells often have these common problems:
High iron content
- Stains plumbing fixtures
- Stains laundry
- Metallic taste
- Musty odour
- Sprinkler stains
Turbidity (suspended silt)
- Cloudy water from suspended sand or silt
- Common in private wells or due to water main breaks in municipal systems
- Degradation of pipes & blue green staining on plumbing fixtures or tint in water from copper pipes reacting with acidic water (low pH)
Bad taste & Odour
- Earthy, musty or organic odour & taste caused by decaying vegetation in surface water
- Chlorine odor and taste often found in municipal water supplies
- Rotten egg smell (hydrogen sulphide)
We have a Solution!
A tailored specialty system will provide a clean solution to your unique water quality challenge.
Problem: Municipally Supplied Water
Over 85% of us get our water from a municipal water treatment plant.
- Water is treated to a basic potable standard and distributed to your home through miles of underground pipe.
- Disinfection agents such of chlorine or chloramines are commonly used to get the water safely to your tap.
- Since only 1% of water is used for drinking, it is cost prohibitive to treat water to optimal drinking water standards.
- Since removing hardness is costly – and not a pot-ability issue, few municipalities remove hardness, leaving it up to the home-owner.